Friday 24 June 2016

free tatting template

Pin It now!



You are well aware that if it wasn’t for Robin’s Inkscape tutorial series , I would probably never have learnt to use this program. She also graciously shared free templates for tatting, which I have often used/adapted in my diagrams since. Recently, she uploaded a few more graphics inspired by Ninetta's drawings.

I am currently working on a diagram & pattern, & needed many more basic diagrams to make it more visual & less textual.
So, on her suggestion, here is my free template that can be used in conjunction with Robin’s free template. It is an svg file. Please read her directions on how to use this file

This is how my file looks at present ....




Download file here : Free Tatting Template 


All diagrams can be un-grouped to re-size, modify or customize .
All text can be changed without resorting to ungrouping, by simply selecting the text icon (‘A’) on left panel of Inkscape & then clicking on the text that needs editing.

Feel free to use as desired, and send in suggestions/requests for more diagrams. I will try to draw them to the best of my skills, then update the file on my Tutorials page (hence the date, to keep track of later versions).


happy designing & drawing :-)))


12 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I see you've added even more drawings since the last time you showed me. Absolutely love the graphics for pre stringing beads onto the shuttle. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin :-) It Is kind of addictive - tennis elbow or not ;-P

      Delete
  2. I'm thinking of learning to use inkscape, I will be exploring this, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Robin has such superb tuts, why not take advantage I say :-)
      Will be looking forward to your exploration, Jane, & some new patterns in the process !

      Delete
  3. These are fantastic! I have zilch, and I mean epic fail, talent with pencil and paper for drawing. Even worse at the computer. I have used Inkscape and did OK, but needed Robin's files something fierce! I'll be adding your file to my folder! Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, I have added my own drawings to Robin's file so that I have only one file to open & choose the ones I want. While you may be able to merge files, here's how I did it - group all elements in my file, Copy, & Paste in Robin's. Re-arrange as desired.

      Delete
  4. You make it tempting to try out, just need more time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, Time - that elusive commodity! I'm just so glad Robin did all the hard work of preparing those tuts & basic templates ;-P

      Delete
  5. Wow! That's a lot of work and looks great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. Hope you make good use of it :-)

      Delete